Include more of these nutritious foods in your diet to support optimal breast health!
1. Brassica family vegetables like kale, broccoli, cabbage, and brussels sprouts are exceptional sources of anti-cancer compounds and help your body eliminate excess estrogens that can contribute to cancer growth. I recommend eating these foods daily. Lightly steam, roast or include in soups. Organic is best!
2. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are rich in antioxidants and powerful anti-cancer compounds that have been shown to prevent inflammation and the cell damage that leads to cancer.
3. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and carrots are good sources of the pre-cursor to Vitamin A which has has the ability to turn pre-cancerous cells back to normal.
4. Flaxseeds are rich in plant-based estrogens which are protective against the more dangerous estrogen that can feed cancer growth. I recommend adding 2 TBS of organic golden ground flaxseed to your daily diet. Try them in smoothies, yogurt, on oatmeal or a salad. Keep flaxseed in the refrigerator or freezer as their oils tend to go rancid quickly.
5. Wild Alaskan/Pacific salmon is one of the best sources of essential fatty acids that keep the inflammation that leads to cancer at bay. Can't get 3 servings per week? Add a high quality professional-brand fish oil supplement that has been tested for heavy metals.